Friday, July 9, 2010

Clothespins Are Not Just For Clothes


One of my favorite things in my kitchen is the red tin bucket of clothespins in my pantry. I had originally bought them to, well, hang clothes and I left them in a bucket in my pantry. It wasn't long till I started using them for all sorts of things. They are hands down the most useful thing we have! Not to mention they are super cheap get 100 for under $4 at Walmart.

Here are some useful ideas for Clothespins:
  • Bag clips
  • Clip one to your car visor to keep driving instructions or other papers handy
  • If you have a mail slot on or atyour door, use one to clip your outgoing mail so it doesn't slip off or blow away
  • Use them to help ironing pleats
  • Pack some in your travel bag to hang clothes you have to hand wash or keep hotel room curtains clothes.
  • Keep some in a diaper bag, use it to make a napkin into a make-shift bib at a restaurant.
  • Keep gloves, socks or anything else that needs to be kept in pairs
  • Don't like smashing your fingers when you are hammering nails? Use a clothespin to hold the nail instead of your delicate fingers:)
  • Tablecloth weights
  • Use it to hold a lit match to light pillar candles that have burned down
  • Glue magnets to the back and use them on the fridge to hold photos or cards
  • For each of my bills I have written with a sharpie the date the bill is due on the pin with a magnet. When I get that bill in the mail I clip the bill and stick it on the side of the fridge.
  • Help kids get dressed and clip sets of tops and bottoms together that match when you fold their clothes.
  • Clip them to hangers to organize scarves and sashes in your closet or to keep tricky clothes from slipping off the hangers.
  • Tack up some string or thin wire and display kids artwork, photos or notes.
  • Paint them or decoupage them with pretty paper!
  • Find a fun Bucket or Basket and fill it with clothespins and give it as part of your gift at a wedding shower or housewarming. The recipient may give you a weird look but they will thank you later after they start using them...or direct them to this blog post!
Order this clothespin board from Salty Sisters for $25

Here are some great design ideas I found using clothespins...



The uses are endless! Share with me some other ideas you have!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature