Monday, July 26, 2010

Growing Green


I love the crisp clean essence that you get from decorating with moss and green plants. It adds such a nice cool fresh touch and is relatively simple to do. For me adding it in bunches or a soft touch here or there adds a nice lift. In my own home I like to use small succulents or potted ferns to break up the harshness of my bookshelves or to brighten an area. The moss covered Letters are a really quick DIY you can do. all you need is a blank letter and some store bought moss and glue it to the letter. Once you have filled in all the spaces, you can trim the moss for crisp clean edges. finish with a bow, or leave it plain. You can do the same to a variety of items, such as, picture frames or stacking boxes. I think the Moss garland/ ribbon would look great with a gift wrapped in brown paper. Moss decor has become very popular and can be found on Etsy, Marshalls, Z Gallerie, and many more places.

Next post will be about glass cloche's and other glass vessels... My favorite way to display organic decor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature