Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who said don't judge a book by its cover?

I don't know why blogger has my letters underlined but for some reason it won't go away!

Anyway I have been playing around with some different ideas incorporating old books as a design element and I came across some interesting Ideas. In my law school days I had enough books from past semesters to make a coffee table out of them! Take a look at some of these pics and see how otheres have been inspired to use old books.

I had an apartment with a fireplace that did not work... I love how this design has them all packed in!
I think this would be a great table in a boutique or coffee shop.

British artist Jonathan Callan makes these tree stumps by painting the sides of books and drilling them together in a pattern resembling petrified trees. His work is stunning!

These books have been covered in white paper and used as the support for a bookshelf. What a clever idea:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature