Monday, June 6, 2011

Amazing Chocolate Cookies

I keep seeing this recipe all over blog land and Pinterest and decided to give it a whirl. Creative I am. Culinary Genius I am not!  But I have heard that baking is a science and you have to be precise so I thought as long as I follow the directions how hard can it be?  I posted about it to my facebook and a bunch of people have asked for the recipe, so here it is!


Here is the batter all done just like the recipe said and ready for the fridge:)

and this is the final product!  Perfection.

They are just as good as they are bragged to be and I can't wait to make all kinds off cookies using this batter as a base.  I think my favorite part was licking the spoon after creaming the butter and sugar together!  Soooo Delicious!

The New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake flour
1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a bowl and set aside.
Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla. Reduce to low speed and add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.

I pulled the recipe from the blog i am baker

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard a lot of good things about those cookies. Yours look totally munchable. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-21.html

    ReplyDelete

Signature