Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Project Fail!

I love following blogs with great tutorials and learning about other crafters' tricks and seeing what inspires them.  I especially love when people see something they love and try it with their own spin and interpretation.  I think that's what drives the artistic experience and what makes you grow as an individual.

I love it even more when crafters reveal that not every project comes out perfect.  I would love for Martha Stewart to publish a book on how many times it took for her people to get their projects right and a tell all about all the projects that didn't work out.

So I must confess that I too am a very flawed crafter.  There are somethings I do that go off without a hitch but many times I make promises about tutorials for this and that without having really tried the project myself!  So I posted about this http://goodjunque.blogspot.com/2011/12/5-years-of-christmas.html and I planned on showing you a fun tutorial but it was an epic fail.  SO many people in blogland and on Pinterest  are making adorable ornaments with decoupaged  pictures so I thought I would do the same.

I shared with you the pics and I cut out my chipboard but whoa nelly when I started decoupaging the picture smeared like crazy.  So I will have to figure out how to make that happen sans smears and try it again!

But in the mean time I have a fun project to share on the next post:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature