Monday, August 2, 2010

Cha Cha Lasagna


Want a quick and tasty meal thats also great for leftovers? Here is my recipe for Mexican Lasagna that is sure to please! I love Mexican food, but when I decide to make tacos or fajitas at home I feel like i make such a mess and there are a lot of ingredients and toppings involved. A seemingly easy meal leaves a huge mess at the end of the night. This recipe is a great way to get all of that flavor in one scoop. It's also great because you can alter and change the recipe to your liking.

Ingredients:

1 lb. round Turkey breast, chicken breast, or beef. (I prefer poultry cause there is no grease)
2 cans Ro-Tel Tomatoes (I like one mexican and one spicy but you can pick the seasoning you like best)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 package of tortillas (I prefer flour but you can use corn as well)
1 package of shredded cheese (I like mine cheesy so I use a little more than one package)

Optional items:
corn
beans
fresh cilantro
green onions
sour cream
guacamole

I like to use the base recipe and then garnish with sour cream and refried beans but you can add corn or beans to the meat mixture. Sour cream and guacamole might not bake well so thats why I suggest those as garnishes.

Directions:
Preheat oven at 350 degrees
1. Brown the meat in a pan with some PAM or olive oil, then add the taco seasoning and Ro-Tel tomatoes. (if you are going to use beans, corn, or other cooked add ins, then you would mix them in at this step as well)

2. While you are heating the ingredients on the stove, spray baking pan and line with tortillas (I cut them up so they are easier to place)

3. Lightly sprinkle some cheese over the tortillas, just enough so everything will stick a little bit.

4. Pour about half of the meat mixture from the stove into the baking dish.

5. Add another layer of tortillas and cheese

6. Pour the remaining meat mixture into the dish.

7. Cover with more tortillas and the remaining shredded cheese and garnish with green onions.

8. Bake in the oven uncovered for 20-30 minutes.

Serve with a dollop of sour cream, refried beans, and guacamole!

Total time including prep 45 minutes MAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature