Thursday, November 11, 2010

Metropolitan Ministries Holiday Tent

A couple months ago I was asked to paint repaint the murals for the Metropolitan Ministries Holiday Tent here in Tampa. I jumped at the opportunity, I love love this organization. It is such a blessing for me to be a part of this mission and they are inspiring hope and making changes in our community every day. I encourage you to learn more about them HERE. I also encourage you to make a donation, and or sign up for a volunteer shift this Holiday season. Do your part to support your community and help those who feel lost and hopeless in a time of need.

I completed 3 murals this week and almost done "roofing" the turkey barn. Take a look at these pics!

This is the "turkey barn" where turkeys are distributed... I assembled the roofing which is made of large pieces of cardboard painted gray and scored and folded to look like an old tin roof. The corner still needs finishing and the whole of it needs distressing to make it look old and rusty!

This is the flower shop. the flowers are made out of cut water bottles and were painted by the kids and volunteers at Metropolitan Ministries.

This is the gingerbread house! it still needs some lolipops attached:)

Thats me doing a dorky sorority pose with the play area Christmas tree. Each kid was fun to paint and they are all so fun and quirky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature