Thursday, November 11, 2010

Violets!

So on mother's day this year I received a potted violet as a gift from my godson Tripp. I do not have the attention span for a green thumb. I have made some outstanding flowerbeds and potted arrangements, but they in turn end up dying due to my personal neglect.

I decided to take my violet to my office and place it in the window sill and much to my amazement it was in great health and kept blooming 3 weeks later. So I bought a couple more and they two were blooming. I took care of those pretty little pink and purple violets and followed all the care they required, I even bought special violet food.

Then about a month and a half later all of the flowers just shriveled up and never came back. So I tried moving them to another location in the office, watering a little less, and using less violet food, and multiple combinations of the like.

Yesterday, I went to water them and 2 of the 3 have buds!!! So I decided to track my pretty little posies progress...
This is the largest plant with dark purple blooms


The top plant has bright pink blooms and the bottom one is not blooming yet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature