Thursday, November 4, 2010

Shellac @ Crave Spa

Crave Spa located on Bay to Bay Boulevard in the Shopping center next to Pinky's opened a little over a month ago and I am so glad!!

They use all natural products and its the first time I have ever walked into a nail salon that didn't have a nauseating chemical smell. They offer a variety of services and I chose their Grand opening manicure and pedicure special for $29.

I get a overwhelmed at many nail salons, the smell, soap operas blaring on the tv, the robotic chairs vibrating and pounding away, and the jet whirlpool whirring water all around your feet. I have to give myself a pep talk and convince myself this is relaxing. I usually turn off the gyrating chair pounding away at my back and work at tuning everything else out!

Crave is a completely different experience. The atmosphere is soft and inviting and they take everything back to the basics. You sit in super comfy over-sized chairs and let your feet soak in a basin. It really is relaxing.

They also introduced me to CND's Shellac nail polish that boasts a 14 day chip free manicure. I am an artist and in the midst of a huge mural project among other art ventures. I thought I would give it a try and put Shellac to a real test.

It works! I had my hands and arms elbow deep in paint and chemicals for days and after scrubbing away in the shower a little rubbing alcohol got the paint right off my nails! Now I will confess it did not last the full 14 days but I know it would had I not been abusing the process! Any Manicure that lasts more than 12 hours is a miracle manicure for me and I did not have one single chip until day 8 and I credit that to some of the paint cleaning solvents I came into contact with.

I can't wait to go back again next week! Call in or walk in, stop by and check them out!

Image courtesy of Dangermouse1810 on Ebay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Signature